Multi-Color Brewster Angle Microscope (MC-BAM)TM enables the visualization of Langmuir monolayers or adsorbate films at the air-water interface for example as a function of packing density. It allows calculation of film thickness, in the range of 2 nm to hundreds of nm, via application of Fresnel model to the intensity map of the captured micrographs.
- Assessment of Monolayer/film homogeneity.
- Optimizing the deposition parameters of LB coating.
- Monolayer/film behavior. Observing phase changes, phase separation, domain size, shape and packing.
- Monitoring of surface reactions. Photochemical reactions, polymerizations and enzyme kinetics can be followed in real time.
- Numerous biological applications.
To print or download, please click here.