NASA using IMPERX cameras for Orion mission
BOCA RATON, FLORIDA – August 29, 2022
- Imperx, Inc., a US leading designer and manufacturer of MIL-Spec rugged Aerospace, Defense and industrial cameras is providing it’s technology for multiple applications on board the NASA SLS (Space Launch System).
Multiple IMPERX cameras will be used on the main core of the SLS rocket to monitor the four RS-25 engines and stages separation.
IMPERX cameras have been the choice in dozens of aerospace applications including, Atlas V, Delta IV and Delta IV heavy rocket launch vehicles. Our cameras are designed, built and tested to ensure that each unit withstands the extreme challenges of rocket launch vehicles, LEO (Low Earch Orbit) to Lunar missions. This is accomplished by designing the cameras to meet extreme shock, vibration and environmental requirements, such as an extreme temperature range in an atmosphere and vacuum.
Key Features Include:
- Outstanding sensitivity with excellent image quality
- Industrial grade components able to withstand extreme temperatures:
40 °C to +85 °C Operating
- High shock and vibration tolerance: 80G (20 – 200 Hz XYZ) / 3000G
- Quality manufacturing: ISO 9001:2015
About Imperx, Inc.
Imperx, Inc. is a leading global designer and manufacturer of superior quality digital imaging products and software. Imperx products serve in aerospace and defense, machine vision, transportation and engineered systems, automation, plus many more industries. For more information, visit Imperx, Inc’s website at www.imperx.com.